Thursday, June 21, 2012

Back Home

No, this isn't a repeat of last nights post.  It is just the same news.

Caleb went in to see if he could start his last round of chemo.  Turns out, his counts were lower this week than they were last week.  I think they were 327.  So, we are all home tonight.

Tera and I are a bit frustrated to say the least.  We are ready to get this over with and start to move to the next step of getting beyond this.  But, here we are, taking it one step at a time.  It is crazy how all of this is happening, but we are trusting and believing in a God who is with us.  It isn't easy...honestly today it has been hard to see and feel Him but we believe that He is near.  When Tera texted me and told me (I was in a meeting) I almost lost it.  Why must this drag on?  Why must we keep waiting?  Why, why, why?

I wish I could answer what seems like to be a simple question.  But, I can't.

So, we will head back in next Thursday to see if his body can rebound this week.

The doctors are not concerned at all and say he is doing fine.  To them, this is very normal.  They keep reassuring us and letting us know that he is fine.  If he is fine, then why do we have to wait?

The doctors and nurses are amazing!  They have been great through this entire process.  God has used them in our lives to be a symbol of his presence, love and grace.  We are truly grateful for them in our lives and consider them true friends!

So, all in all it has been a truly frustrating day.  I wish I could give you good news, but I must tell the true story.

Cooper, Caleb's friend, also had a really bad day.  He had an allergic reaction to his chemo today and it got kind of scary.  The nurses did a great job and were right on it.  They helped him and I believe that He is doing ok.  However, due to this, he can no longer have that chemo and so they will now have to change his treatment.  Tera said that for a time they will have to go to clinic 3 times a week now to get a special kind of chemo.  Not fun and they could really use our prayers!

I hope that everyone had a good day!  God is good...not because he works out all the bad things in our lives but rather because he is with us in the midst of the bad times.  He doesn't allow us to journey alone but is with us through it all.

So, here is to another week of hoping and waiting to the next treatment!  I will keep you posted.

Grace and Peace

1 comment: