Friday, January 15, 2010

Sunday

Well, this Sunday will be different than any other Sunday in my life. This Sunday, I will attempt to run a full marathon.

To be honest, I am a little anxious about it. The good thing is I am not running alone. Someone from my church (thanks Kevin) and I are going to pace together. We have a goal in mind, although I am not going to share that at this point. Check back in on Tuesday to see if we met our goal or not.

It should be a lot of fun! I am looking forward to the challenge. This morning I did my last run...2 miles. It took me an entire 16 minutes to run. That has been the weird part of the entire training. This week I have done 3 runs. For weeks I have been running my tail off and this week seems like I should be running more...but the training says you should taper your runs as it gets closer. So, this week I have done a 4 mile run, a 3 mile run and then a 2 mile run and I am done until Sunday.

Well, I feel like I have rambled on about this and that this post is pretty pointless. I will have a recap next week and let you know how we do. I will try and get some pictures as well.

Grace and Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment