Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Christmas Tree Time

It is that time of year already where the Thompson's get there tree and get it up so that we can enjoy it as long as we possibly can.

This year was a little different experience. Last year, we drove in the middle of the country (remember we were in Ohio) to a tree farm and cut down our own Christmas tree. To my knowledge, there isn't a place close to us where we could experience that again. Also, it would be a little warmer here and probably not as enjoyable in the heat.

So, we decided that we would just go to Lowes and get a tree from there. However, once again we were left disappointed with the selection that we had to choose from. That is something that was an adjustment from Ohio. However, we found a tree. When I say we found a tree, I mean we found a tree. Usually we try and get a 6 foot tree or so. Not this year, we picked from the 7-8 foot tree section at Lowes. The Thompson family in AZ got the biggest tree we have ever gotten.

So, the next question was, "How in the world are we going to get this beast of a tree home." If you don't know, all we have is a PT Cruiser (I know, you are all now jealous that I drive a PT Cruiser...i guess you will just have to get over it.) So, how are we going to get this thing home...the guys at Lowes said, "We will tie it to the top." Boy was I relieved...now I wasn't only going to be driving a PT Cruiser down the street but I was now going to be driving a PT Cruiser with a huge Christmas tree strapped to the top of my car. Here is a picture of the guys strapping it down...


Well, we got it home, set up our newly purchased tree stand and brought the tree inside. Come to find out, our tree was so big that it didn't fit into the tree stand that we had purchased. So, I had to take the tree back outside, take apart the tree stand, put it back in the box, go back to the store and return it, buy another and then go home to try it out.

I made it home and thought, 'Man I hope this works.' Put the tree stand down, went out and picked up the tree again, put it in the stand and...................it was big enough.

Here it is in our house.... (sorry it is sideways, i tried to turn it but it wouldn't let me...hopefully you don't get a sore neck while trying to look at our tree.)


It is fully decorated now and looks awesome! Tera always does a nice job! That is right, I said Tera...she gives the boys each a tree to decorate and then she does the big tree...well, we help but she moves the ornaments where they look good. I can't fault here, it looks amazing, but we always laugh about that every year. I will post a picture of it tomorrow.

So, another Thompson Christmas tree is up and looking good. We are way ahead of the game this year, but the way my vacation works out, we will be leaving earlier than usual, so we had to get it up to enjoy it as much as we possibly could.

No comments:

Post a Comment