Thursday, November 19, 2009

Caleb's Kindergarten Shots


Well, I (Jeremy) just took Caleb to get his Kindergarten Immunizations and let me tell you it was fun.

He made a friend when we first arrived, which I thought was going to be good. They played outside while we waited, then sat next to each other trying to out do the other with the best shot story (I think Caleb won with his hospital stay for a couple of days a few years ago). Then they moved to other important things like how much Cully cries when he gets shots, how much each other writes, and Caleb went on and on about how "excellent" of an artist he was. It was great! I thought for a brief moment that this might not be that bad.

Then, they called our name to go back and get the shots...that is when things got crazy. He was totally fine until we sat down in the chair...but as soon as my butt hit the seat and his butt hit my lap, it was over. After we were done, the person giving the shot said, "You did an awesome job of holding him down". I said, "Thanks, this wasn't the first time." Caleb walked and is still walking around like he is a body builder...arms straight out you know. He will be fine but it was quite the adventure. At least he is done now until he turns 11!

Well, tonight Caleb and I are going to watch a middle school play "Alice in Wonderland". Tomorrow I will share some more thoughts from Arizona!
Grace and Peace!

2 comments:

  1. Correction, at least 3 people are reading this now, possibly 4! You have another follower!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes!! This post made me smile...Haven't been to a middle school play, but if it's anything like a middle school band concert, I'm sure they'll work Jingle Bell Rock in there somewhere.

    ReplyDelete