Friday, November 13, 2009

Things that kids teach you

This will probably be a constant posting here on this blog, as my boys teach me a lot of things about God and life and even about myself. Here is something that happened yesterday.

Caleb asked me, "Dad, can I go and do something in my bedroom?" I of course didn't mind, wondering what exactly he was going to do.

He came out about 5 minutes later and there wasn't any marker on his face or arms, all of his clothes were still on and nothing seemed out of place. Of course I didn't see the bedroom, but he looked like he did when he went back there.

A few minutes later, he proceeded to tell me what he was doing back there. I hadn't seen it, but he had taken a Bible with him (a real Bible, not a kids Bible), and told me that he was spending some alone time with God. He asked if he could go back and spend some more alone time with God...it was pretty awesome! I almost started weeping right there.

This was quite convicting to me. He learns more than I realize and hears more than I realize. I am going to do better, because of him, to make sure I spend some "alone time with God" each day. Thanks Caleb!

Grace and Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment