Friday, November 20, 2009

Imagination

Caleb and Cully have a great imagination! I remember when I had an imagination like they have. It was a lot of fun!

*People could jump from building to building...
*A lion could talk and a dragon was real...
*You could be in space one minute and in the depths of the ocean on a submarine the next...
*Everything somehow became a gun...
*You could make the world whatever you wanted it to be...
*Superman could actualy fly...
*Spiderman could actually climb up walls and swing with his web...

I want to get back to having an imagination like that. So often in our world today, we seem to grow complacent and believe that the world is always going to be like it is today and there is nothing that we can do to change that. We lack the ability to see how the world was (Gen. 1) and how God created it to be (tob=good, appropriate) or see how God intends to be and is doing whatever He is able to do in order to get the world there. Some might say, "if God wants it like that, why doesn't he just do it?" Great question, but I think he is having a hard time because those who believe in Him struggle with imagination. They think that God doesn't really care about what happens here...we are just getting ready to leave this place and go to heaven. All the time God is looking for a group who could imagine what this world has potential to be and living a life that tries to make the world more like the place God created it to be. We are His plan to make that happen...there is no plan B.

I want that type of imagination! I want to be able to be a part of God's redemption of the world! I don't want to be one who says, "things will always be like this, so why bother?" I wonder what might happen if we all reverted back to our childhood again and tried to see the world for what it could be and not what it is? "If you want to be my disciple, you must become like these little kids..." (my paraphrase) I am not so sure it was a suggestion, but maybe he really meant that.

A little heavy today, but I have been thinking about this a lot. I am doing a teaching on it with our Jr. High in a week. Not sure why I wrote this...maybe it was for me!

Grace and Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment