Thursday, May 10, 2012

A New Day- May 10th, 2012

So, Caleb is home!  He got to come home today.  We were not sure if he would be able to or not, but he is home and loving it.  We had a meal together at MiMi's Cafe which is a great place to do some brunch.  Plus, we all know Caleb is turning into a scrambled egg, so we thought we should find a place where he can get them. He ate pancakes, scrambled eggs, sausage links and drank some OJ. 

After we got home, we watched ABDC.  The Elektrolytes were defintely sporting the green bracelet.  Here is a picture of them pointing to it and holding it out when they were introduced in the beginning of the show.  My friend Andy had me take a picture of Caleb doing the same thing and put the two together.  He is so excited about the show and watching them peform.  He always gives a big fist pump when they have made it through to the next round. 


So, we are cheering for them.  I have never met them but I can't tell you how much they mean to my son and to our family.  Maybe one day we will get to meet, but if not, I hope they know how much we appreciate them!  God has used them to encourage and give an 8 year old boy something to look forward to every Wednesday evening!  Go Elektro!

I had said that yesterday was a frustrating day and it was.  Today is better.  I can't say I am on top of the world, but I am doing a bit better.  God is so faithful! 

As we were eating brunch today, I was sitting by Cully and he was all over me.  He wanted to hug me, touch me, lay all over me, put my arm around him, etc.  Normally it could have bothered me, but today I welcomed it.  I am realizing that life is to short to be bothered by your 5 year old who wants to be close to you.  He kept saying, "Dad, you are warm!"  I am not exactly sure what that means, but I will take it!  I am learning more and more that I need to be present in each moment of my life. 

Too often, I think about tomorrow, next week and sometimes even next year.  There is nothing wrong with that.  But, when I am so focused on that, I have the potential miss the blessings that are right in front of me.  When all I can think about is tomorrow and never focus of what God has given me today, then I miss out on so much.  Yesterday was frustrating, but I was honestly thinking about everything I need to get done (and a few other things as well).  A little brunch with my family was what I needed to be reminded that I have so much right here and right now to be thankful for.  If God never did another thing for me (which I know He will) I think he has done enough for me to be thankful for the rest of my life!  Sure, we have a new normal life and it isn't always the easiest, but we are going to make it together! 

God is continuing to show me many things through all of this!  I can't wait to see where he takes us as a family!  I can't say it will be easy or always fun...but it will be good!

Grace and Peace 

3 comments:

  1. That's so sweet! If you have any extra, I would love one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For sure...find me on Saturday night and I will try and have a few for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is awesome that Elecktrolytes is showing some caleb love! joey fron the elecktrolytes is a good friend of ours. they are a great group of guys...praying for you and your family always Caleb

    ReplyDelete