Sunday, May 6, 2012

A New Day- May 5, 2012

So, I guess it is actually a new afternoon, but it was a busy morning!  I taught in both of our gatherings this morning.  It went pretty well.  We are doing a series called "Hard Topics" in which we discuss things that the church doesn't normally talk about.  This weekend my topic was suffering.

How do you talk about suffering in 35 minutes?  The answer is you don't!  I read close to 10 books to get ready for this teaching and so I have a ton of information.  It was hard to think through what I should discuss in the message this morning, but I went with the idea that God lives in the midst of suffering.  It has been true from Genesis 1 all the way through the gospels.  God entered into the chaos and darkness and spoke in the midst of it.  He didn't get rid of it, but spoke in the midst of it.  I am not going to go into all of it now, but I will post a link when the sermon gets posted to our church website.  God really helped me and gave me the strength to teach from my heart and experience.

I am going to take all of the information that I didn't use and blog through it starting tomorrow.  It should be a lot of fun!

There were many people who came up afterwards and were touched by the sermon.  God was faithful to use me in spite of me!  That is always the best!

We are back in the hospital!  They called around 10 am and said they had a room and bed for Caleb.  So, Tera, Seth and Tera's dad brought Caleb up.  He has his port in and is ready to continue this round of chemo.  The nurse just stuck his head in and said they were currently mixing it down in the pharmacy.  He said it could be an hour or so and we will start.

So, we are heading down to the playroom while he isn't attached to Wall-E (his IV poles name) and play for a bit.

I will keep you posted on how he does and what is happening!

Grace and Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment