Sunday, May 6, 2012

Recap of Today- May 6th 2012

I came home with Cully tonight!  Caleb wanted Tera to stay, so I am at home.  Cully is asleep and I am downloading a few more videos onto You Tube so I can post a few links on the blog so all can see what happened yesterday!

The rest of the day went well.  Caleb started his chemo again this afternoon.  Nothing really exciting happened (which is a good thing).  His blood pressure has been a little high today, so they are going to keep a check on that.  It could be the anxiety about being in the hospital again.  Who knows?  If it doesn't go down sometime tonight, then I think they might be a little more concerned.  But they said it wasn't anything big to worry about right now.  

After the chemo is done that he is currently on, he will get a couple more meds through the night.  Tomorrow sometime, he will get an LP (Lumbar Puncture) with some chemo in it.  This is a procedure that he is put to sleep for.  After that he gets a really hard chemo.  Then another...although it is a short push, it is a pretty nasty med and it is the one responsible for his hair loss.  So, what is left of his hair will more than likely be gone within the next week.

All in all, it has been a great day!  This afternoon, I was pretty wiped from preaching this morning.  I couldn't stop yawning and I wasn't sure I was going to make it through the day.  However, a few cups of coffee went a long way and we had a good afternoon.

I am going to try and get some rest!  I will post more tomorrow and make sure to keep you up to date on how Caleb is doing.

Have a great night!

Grace and Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment