Thursday, April 19, 2012

Caleb is home!

So, Caleb has made the journey home!

Here he is at hospital once he was disconnected from everything!


Here he is coming in the garage!


I have to be honest...coming home for him is very overwhelming! When you have been in the hospital for 3 weeks as an 8 year old child, that becomes a new norm! So, the thought of being home and being free is a weird concept for him. He is walking around in circles, almost like he has no idea what to do. It seems very confusing for him, but the more we are here, the more he is relaxing! He has broken down several times because I think he just doesn't know what to do and it seems scary and weird!

I wonder if this is what it feels like for someone to quit a bad habit cold turkey? I am sure there is a sermon there...probably a post later tonight!

He loved his room! He was so overwhelmed that he cried! He kept saying, "I just don't know what to say! I don't know how to say thank you!" It was awesome! We had a little family moment in his room and talked about how this is weird, but we are doing this together!

So, here we are! We are working through what this means and looks like for us. One thing is for sure...it is nice to be out of 7122 and home again!

Just to warn you...I will have several more posts today. Head shaving is happening, pictures from his new room, and reflections will show up at some point today!

I will keep you posted!

4 comments:

  1. I cannot wait to see more pictures. !! I continue to pray for you all. I stand in awe as I watch the courage and wisdom Our Father has given you two a parents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited he got to come home. Cant wait to see more pics and we are still praying for you guys! Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lot of change for Caleb, and your entire family too. Will be praying for you not to feel overwhelmed as parents- you have a Father in heaven who is the giver of wisdom.

    ReplyDelete