Saturday, April 21, 2012

A New Day- April 21st, 2012

Today started a little earlier than I wanted.  I woke up about 7:30 am (I know that isn't really early, but I was up pretty late last night...don't judge me! lol).

I had a great conversation with my mom this morning!  She was outside when I woke up and so I went out and we chatted for a bit!  She is such an awesome mom!  She is so concerned about us and our family like a grammy should be!  I told her that life was going to be different but that we were going to make it through this together!  Once again, my family is such a blessing and especially my parents!

We have a bird that has made a nest in one of our planters.  Of course they laid eggs and have been protecting them for quite some time.  The eggs hatched about a week ago and we have been hearing the chirps and watching the mom and dad birds feed the baby birds.  Today, as I was talking to my mom, we saw the mom bird and the baby bird together.  They were on top of our fence.  It seemed that the mommy bird was trying to teach the baby bird how to fly.  She would push on its head or something and it would cause the baby bird to flap its wings.  Then, she would fly off, I think to show the baby bird what it was capable of.  After a bit, she would fly back and once again help the bird try to flap its wings, fly away again for a bit and then back again.  We watched for quite some time...called the boys out to see it as well.

As I watched, I thought about my mom in that moment as well as my dad.  I believe that I am who I am today because they taught me and showed me how to fly!  I am able to face this circumstance because I had and still have Godly examples lived in front of me in all circumstances!  It hasn't always been smooth sailing...I can't say I was a perfect child (I now it is hard to believe) so we have had our disagreements along the way.  But, through it all, they pushed me to be who God wants me to be.  Sometimes even when I didn't want to, they taught me to flap my wings and then showed me what it looks like!  They showed me how to be giving and loving of others.  They showed me how to trust God in all things.  They showed me that no matter what material things you have, whether great or small, you still have family and when it is all said and done, that is enough!  Thanks mom and dad for being all that God has showed you to be!

Caleb woke up with some nausea this morning.  That was a little rough.  We gave him some meds and after a little while, they started working and he felt a lot better!

After that, we worked on the pool, cleaned out the garage (again) and started going through everything that we brought home from the hospital.  Today is about trying to get our house back in regular living order!

I have great news to report...I gave Caleb his shot today and it went so much better!  It wasn't without worry, but it was much less AND he realized that it wasn't as painful as he thought it was going to be!  Yesterday, his pain on a scale from 1-10 was a 5.  Today, a 1!  Now he knows that it is not so bad and said he is actually excited about getting a shot tomorrow!  We will see if that excitement is still there when it is go time tomorrow morning, but for today we are celebrating!

The rest of the day is continuing to settle in.

I will keep you posted!

Grace and Peace    

No comments:

Post a Comment