Wednesday, April 18, 2012

A New Day- April 18th, 2012

Last night was a good night! I don't know how Caleb sleeps through everything but I always get woken up from the nurses coming in and out. Oh well...hopefully just one more night!

Caleb had a rough spot this morning, but I am mostly to blame. The nurse said they were coming in at 9 am to do meds and get him taped up for a shower. So, i ran downstairs quickly to grab some breakfast. They came in a bit early and started before I got back. We have a new nurse and so there was no one there he knew. It kind of overwhelmed him and he didn't really know what to do. I arrived after he was done with his meds and such and we was mad! Lesson learned...don't leave until we know everything is done and nothing is going to happen while I am gone...or at least make sure he feels comfortable with the nurse.

We made it through and are in a better place now. He just got done Skyping with his class and we are now in the playroom doing the morning craft.

Today, he has chemo at 12, we practice giving shots at 12:30 pm and then just chill with family the rest of the day. I am actually leaving this afternoon for a bit and will be at church tonight with the teens. I am actually teaching and super excited about what we think God might say.

His procedure is at 8 in the morning. After that, after the sleep meds wear off, we will get discharged.

We are super excited! AFter this morning, he is still in a little mood. But, if we keep him sidetracked he seems to be doing ok.

I will keep you posted!
Grace and Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment