Saturday, April 21, 2012

Recap of Today- April 21st, 2012

Today was a good day!  Caleb still feels well and we are loving that!

We got a lot of work done on our house as well as a lot of things put away.  Tomorrow, we will need to switch all of Caleb's clothes to his new room and make the move official.  That shouldn't take too long...we just need to get it done.

I have told several people this and I have blogged about it often, but we are so overwhelmed by people's love and support!  My parents are heading back to GA tomorrow morning.  It has been great having them here and I know they have enjoyed being able to help!  Also today, someone found out we needed another car to use over the next couple of months to get Caleb to where he needs to go and be able to do other things during that time as well.  So, they had one that they were not using, and are now letting us use it as long as we need it!  Words can't express how overwhelming this is!  God has provided a huge blessing.  We probably could have made it with one car, but having this car will make life so much easier and more manageable.  We are extremely grateful and blessed!

I think one of the things that has been a processing point for me is that the roles in my life have switched.  I am usually the one that is giving and helping and now I am the one in need.  That is very humbling!  I wish I could say that it was easy, but it isn't!  I am learning to do something that is so hard for me...ask!

In the past, if I needed something, I always would do everything within my power to try and do it on my own.  I am learning again and again that to live life in that manner is not to live life in true community.  In true community, you learn to give some and you learn to receive some.  It has to go both ways for you to understand what it means to have and to need...to give to others in need and receive when you are in need!

Henry Nouwen in his book "In the Name of Jesus" says that a leader is someone "who sometimes is led places he would rather not go".  This is one of those places for me!  I would much rather do anything for anyone than to have people do anything for me.  But, I feel that part of my growth is that I cannot navigate this life circumstance on my own!  I am learning that not only can I not navigate this life circumstance alone but also that I cannot navigate life outside of this circumstance alone either.  I need others to help me get through this and life in general in so many ways!  So, even though it is hard, God is showing me things about myself and others that I never knew before.  It isn't easy, but it is truly teaching me more about God and giving me a perspective that I have never had before!

So, tomorrow I will give some and I am sure I will receive a ton!  God has been so good to us!

What does tomorrow hold?  Navigating church with Caleb for the first time (this is going to be overwhelming for him on many levels and hard for us to keep people a safe distance as well...so it will be tricky), another chance at working through the shot, and hopefully a chill day for all of us.  I am looking forward to being with the community again!  God meets with us in big ways at Crossroads!  It is always good to be together!

I am super tired so I am going to try and get some sleep.

Have a good night!

Grace and Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment