Monday, April 16, 2012

Recap of Today-April 16th, 2012

We had a good day today! Caleb is getting really bored, especially since his days are going so well. One can only play so much Xbox, watch so much TV, play the War card game so many times, color so many pictures, do so many crafts in the playroom before you get tired of it. Today, we have done all of those things multiple times. Dr. Dan reminds us, "There are worse things than bored!" So, we remind ourselves of that daily!

Caleb is feeling a bit tired tonight. Grammy and Pop Pop are on their way up. They will probably only be here for 1/2 hour or so. When they leave, we will get our pajamas on and go to sleep.

Caleb kind of had a meltdown this afternoon. I can't say I blame him. The reality of his life sinks in bit by bit and I think his frustration has to come out in some way. Today he got upset at me because I made him walk. I really feel like he hates doing everything that everyone tells him to do. I mean everything he does is recorded. Peeing, pooping, eating, sleeping, meds, mouth cleaning, and many, many more things. I am sure it gets old. But, it is necessary. So, when I ask him to walk, it is probably the lat thing he wants to do! We worked through it and the rest of the day was good!

Today, we talked a bit more about what life will be like and more specifically our time line for the next few months with our doctor. The way it will work will be like this: Caleb will be technically able to start his next round of chemo 3 weeks from when we started this round of chemo. So, 3 weeks from last Thursday, if his counts and good and his body has rebounded from this round of chemo, we will be checking back in to the hospital for a round of chemo identical to this round. That will give us about 2 weeks at home. This will be awesome and we will take it. But for Caleb, that doesn't sound long enough. Honestly, this is probably what the next 6-9 months will look like for us. 2 weeks at home, a week in the hospital...2 weeks at home, a week in the hospital. Treatments may vary as we progress, but the thought was that this will be our new norm for the next several months.

Thanks for all of your prayers! We feel them constantly!

Caleb says hi! I will close for now.

Have a good night!

Grace and Peace

1 comment:

  1. I so look forward to your daiy posts because you always ave a nugget or two to share that makes me think about my walk with the Lord. A verse from my devotions today was Is 41:10. Fear not for I AM with you. Be not dismayed for I AM your God. I will strengthen you, yes I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand. May the healing balm of Gilead flow over Caleb and make him whole. Blessings to you all!
    Bernie Hoover, Usher at 2nd service

    ReplyDelete