Sunday, April 8, 2012

Recap of Today, April 8th, 2012

What a different but great resurrection day!

Caleb had a great day all around! I think I posted a bit about it a little earlier, but just wanted to give another quick report before bed.

All of his counts were good again today. His color was good, the fluids in his body are disappearing, his blood counts continue to be where they should be at this point. Doctors are very happy with his progress and response to his treatment. They are no longer checking his blood every four hours, but now only checking it every twelve. Also, he may get moved tomorrow to getting it checked only once a day. This could allow for an unexpected surprise, but I will report more on that tomorrow.

Caleb went down to the playroom before I got there and made bunny hats with the other children in the hospital. The hospital has so many activities and fun things for the children to do while they have to stay in the hospital. They have many volunteers that are wonderful and do so many amazing things for the people there. We are truly thankful for them and for their work! It is such a blessing!

When I got there, it was time for our Easter Tea that the hospital directed in the playroom. We enjoyed tea and pastries with each other. I must say it was the first tea I have ever attended, but it was cool! They gave away Easter eggs with prizes and bunny stuffed animals.

Around 4, the people we normally have Easter Lunch with came up to the hospital to help us throw our Easter party. Caleb has not wanted to have many visitors over the past couple of days, but he was extremely excited about this. If someone called before the party, he told them they could come but needed to wait until our party! Leading up to the part, we played a game of charades with Cully, Mommy, Nanna, and Aunt Di (she is Tera's aunt from Florida who came to help out this week). Then we played a short round of Moose/Mouse (if you do not know that game, you are missing out). When they said they were coming, Caleb used the restroom to make sure he wouldn't miss much of the party. While there, I asked him if he was excited. He said, "Are you kidding? We can play Moose/Mouse, charades and other games as well. I am so excited I could jump up and down right now!" He didn't jump up and down, but we went down to the 7th floor lobby and had an awesome time! About half way through, he started to tire out but did not want to leave. We snuggled him in a chair (picture with blanket in former post) and he just watched America's Funniest Home Videos with Pastor Dave, Pastor Ed and Cully. They laughed and had a good time! I kept checking with him to make sure he was ok and he was not going back to his room until everyone left! Thanks to all for helping make this a special day. Caleb has requested to have a few more of these parties, so we need to work on that!

Caleb wanted mommy to stay again tonight (I guess after 4 nights with dad he needs a little mommy time). Problem is, Cully wanted to stay the night with mommy as well. So, Caleb won and Cully is stuck with me. I am not sure Cully really cared. I think a couple of days ago they both wanted me, so I guess everything has a cycle.

As we were walking to the parking garage, Cully looked up at me and said, "When is Caleb coming home?" I said, "I don't know...you got to spend some time with him today...wasn't that cool?" Cully responded, "Yeah, but I need to spend more than some time. I need to spend all the time...I need to sleep in the same place as him!" I love his heart and love for his brother! Please know that they do not get along all of the time...I mean they are brothers! But they genuinely have a love for each other that is awesome to see as a parent.

So, all in all it was a great day!

Once again, God was very present today in our lives! It wasn't a burning bush or ladder going up from earth, but He was there!

Tomorrow is a new day and I can't wait to see what it holds!

Grace and Peace!

3 comments:

  1. God is so good. I'm glad he blessed you guys with a good day. What an amazing Easter gift. Can't wait to see all the answers to prayer rolling in:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am keeping Caleb and your family in my constant prayers. Thank you for your blog, and pictures. They give me insight as to what is going on in your lives and helps me to picture your precious son as I pray for him. What a sweet face! God's blessings to you all, and let Debra know she is never very far from my thoughts. Sally Streeter, Naples First Nazarene Church.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi we have never met but I do attend crossrads..I have been following your blog everyday and praying for your sweet family ...my son was also at pch in icu for heart and lung disease....your little guy is so strong.prayersand hugs for your family!

    ReplyDelete