Thursday, April 5, 2012

The difference of 48 hours

So, treatment has begun. When I think about the events of the last 48 hours, that is a weird thing to think through. Knowing that I woke up Tuesday morning with Cully in bed thinking that I had a few things to get done for Holy Week at church to now watching an IV flow through a port in my sons chest with chemo therapy is just a crazy thought. My what a difference a couple of days makes.

I must say that PHX Children's is an amazing place! God has given drs and nurses wisdom and a heart to help people. Caleb has been the bravest boy. He continually amazes the nurses with his bravery and courage. I am truly proud to be his dad!

This round of chemo has a few side effects that you can be praying about. First is nausea. The 2nd is constipation. 3rd is incredible mood swings. So, pray that these common side effects will be mild or that we as parents will know how to best help him as he makes it through this first week. We keep telling Caleb, "This isn't going to be easy, but we are going to make it through it!" So, please know that we are not expecting an easy road. But, we are expecting big grace to make it through whatever lies ahead. So our prayer is that whatever comes, and we mean whatever, that God would give us the grace to endure and persevere through it all.

As the really, really, really old chorus goes, "Through it all, through it all, I've learned to trust in Jesus, I've learned to trust in God. Through it all, through it all, I've learned to depend upon His word." Trust me, I want it to be as easy as possible, especially for Caleb. But more than that, I want God's grace to be everything that I need and to realize that it is enough to get us through anything we encounter on our journey.

Grace and Peace!

1 comment:

  1. YES! YES! You got it. It is "through it all that we have learned to depend on Him" Remember at the end of my eulogy for my son I said, "I know, that I know, that I know that Jesus never fails.
    I will rejoice in the Lord, I will joy in the God of my salvation. The Lord is my strength!
    Habakkuk: 3:18,19

    I am praying for your family like I am your grandmother.

    Audrey

    ReplyDelete