Monday, April 30, 2012

A New Day- April 30th, 2012

Sorry it has taken me so long to get this out today.  We have been doing a few things this morning and I just have not gotten around to it!

Caleb had a good night!  He only woke up once during the middle of the night.  He did wake up pretty early, but Tera and Caleb went for a little walk this morning which was good for him (and her).  When they got back, Cully and I were waking up and so we started our day.

I actually started my day with a run!  It has been so long since I have run, but it felt really good.  It wasn't a long run, but anything is better than nothing.  I am going to try and run a few more times this week.  It gets me moving and I always feel better afterwards.

Caleb's teacher, Mrs. Henderson, came over this morning and they did some school together.  They had a great time and I believe they are going to get together again on Wednesday.  Mrs. Henderson is great!  She is dedicated to making sure Caleb is ready for the 3rd grade.  She even said if it means working through the summer, she is in...whatever it takes!  So, since he is feeling good, we are going to try and get another session in before chemo starts again.

The rest of the day, we are hanging out.  I am working a bit and I am going this afternoon to donate some platelets.  I have always been a blood donor but it is funny how this is even a bigger deal to me at this point in my life.  Caleb has received two blood transfusions and will more than likely receive several more throughout his treatment.  So, the least I can do is give so that others can benefit as well. 

So, right now we are just enjoying being together and relaxing. 

I will keep you posted on how things are going.

Grace and Peace

1 comment:

  1. No need to apologize for not getting to the blog. Yes, we all like to know what's going on & what you need, see the pics, etc. but don't feel bad if you skip a few days. It should be a help to you, not a burden.
    Glad Caleb got to do school!

    ReplyDelete