Thursday, April 19, 2012

Recap of Today- April 19th, 2012

What a great day!  Everyone is home and asleep!  It was a bit sad this evening.  My brother Mark, sister-in-law and two nephews left tonight to fly back home!  Cully was a mess!  It was amazing having them here for a few days!  They helped in so many ways to help Caleb's transition from hospital to home smooth.

I had an amazing time holding my youngest nephew today and another fun time playing with Asher!  He is at such a fun age when you can basically do anything and as long as it involves a ball and running you are good for hours!  Caleb and Cully joined in and we had a great time!  I am so thankful for my family!  We do not get to see each other very often but we have a love for each other that goes deep.  I am so blessed and do not take it for granted!  I have to admit, when they left, Cully was a mess outside!  He cried and cried and cried.   If I were honest, I was a mess on the inside!  It was hard to say by and not lose it!  But I know that we will see each other again and Skype isn't quite the same but it is better than nothing!

Caleb is feeling good!  He is still saying he mouth is sore.  As I stated in a previous post, he has mouth wash that is supposed to help prevent the sores from forming, but it isn't always 100%.  He also has another medicine that is supposed to numb his mouth so that it doesn't hurt as much.  He says it helps a little bit but not so much that there isn't any pain.  So, that is a prayer request for sure.

We go tomorrow morning to the clinic to start Caleb's shots.  I will be giving my son a shot tomorrow in the clinic.  That is the only reason we have to go to the clinic tomorrow is for the shot.  The nurse wants us to give him the first shot in the clinic to make sure nothing crazy happens.  Somehow, I have won out over Tera as the winner who gets to actually give him the shot.  I am not sure why, but that is what we are going to rock tomorrow morning.  Caleb is a little scared about tomorrow and doesn't love the idea of getting a shot everyday.  However, I think once we get in the routine of it, his anxiety will decrease to the point of it not being a big deal at all.

All in all, it has been an amazing day!  God has been gracious to us!

While it has been a good day in our camp, our little buddy Cooper did not get good news today.  His treatment plan got changed today and it is going to be more often and more intense.  I talked with Jeff (his dad) today and just as they were settling in for what life was going to look like, it gets changed.  So, please, please, please keep praying for Cooper and for the entire Gokee family!

We are looking forward to a great day!  We may even try and do something special tomorrow with Caleb.  His counts were so good when he left, we want to potentially capitalize on it and do something that he might not be able to do later.  I will let you know more tomorrow if it happens!

Have a great night!  I am heading to bed!

Grace and Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment