Tuesday, April 17, 2012

A New Day-April 17th, 2012

Two more days! If we do not have any surprises with Caleb's counts and he continues to respond well to the chemo, that is all until we bid room 7122 farewell! We are so excited and glad to be working towards home!

Today is going to be an exciting day for another reason...I get to meet my new nephew Levi! He was born in March and we have obviously not been able to fly across the country to see him. But my entire family is in this week and today I get to meet Levi. I also get to see my other nephew Asher. I can't wait! It is going to be awesome! Of course I get to see my brother and sister-in-law as well, but I can't wait to hold and play with my nephews!

Caleb had a good night. The nurse was a little loud last night and woke me up around 5 when she was drawing blood. Then, another nurse came in to check his breathing and woke both of us up. Somehow, he went to sleep for another hour and all in all it wasn't that bad of a night.

Today, Caleb has a round of chemo at 12. If he does well with that round of chemo, it should be a chill day. It will be good or Caleb to have more people to talk to and distract him, especially people he hasn't seen in awhile. He is already talking this morning that he is going to be able to run around with Asher because his new IV pole rolls really easy. We will see about that!

I will keep you posted throughout the day about our happenings. I will also try and post several pictures of our day!

Grace and Peace

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome! I'm glad your family has had the chance to come see you guys.

    ReplyDelete