Friday, April 27, 2012

Recap April, 26th/A New Day April 27th, 2012

So, last night I was going to post like I do every night.  However, I was laying next Cully while he went to sleep and the next thing I remember is waking up, looking at the clock and it being 4 am in the morning.  At that point, I rolled back over and went back to sleep.  Honestly, it was really good for me.  I can't remember the last time I went to sleep between 9 and 9:30.  But, it felt good and I feel extremely rested this morning!  So, although I had a ton of things to get done last night, I guess they could have waited till today! 

Caleb was asleep early last night as well!  I think he had a pretty good night.  They took his counts again this morning and they continue to rise.  And once again, they jumped a huge amount.  Here are a few of the numbers (I know I said I wasn't going to share them, but they are to amazing to not share).  Now, this is his overall blood count numbers, so it isn't a representation of the indiviudal amounts. 

Two days ago, his counts were 220.  This is really low. He has to be at 500 to even think about going home.  They say some kids get as low as 0, but 220 is very low.  Yesterday, they were at 3,900!  That was super crazy!  Today...get ready for this...I hope that you are ready to shout out a praise...his counts were 11,000!!!!!!!  They said he may have better counts than either Tera or myself!  They said that if a plague hit, he could currently fight it off better than either one of us!  How crazy! 

Now, we know this will not be the norm but right now we are super excited!  They said that this week will be a good week!  It may be the last good week we have so we are going to enjoy! 

Right now, I am with Cully and getting some work done.  Caleb, Tera and Seth are just waiting for the word to leave and then I will go and pick them up from the hospita! 

So, today is another going home day! 

We might do something fun tonight!  I will keep you posted and let you know how the rest of the day goes!

We serve a BIG GOD!  He helped a little boy defeat giant with one rock!  He made bread fall from heaven!  He parted a body of water!   He left a perfect place to redeem creation!  He rose again from the dead!  And he gave a little boy in hospital room 7126 an amazing blood count!  We serve a BIG GOD!

I will keep you posted!

Grace and Peace

3 comments:

  1. Praise God! We serve an AMAZING God who can do Anything! Praying for a FUN family night for all tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Praise be to God! Enjoy the rest of your "good" week! Tell Caleb we love him and he is like the Incredible Hulk of cancer beater uppers!

    ReplyDelete