Saturday, April 7, 2012

A New Day, April 7th, 2012

So, last night was a good night. I am learning new tricks each night that might help make the next night better.

Caleb slept really well for most of the night. They take labs every four hours, so they come in at 12, 4 and just came in at 8 to draw blood out of his port. They also take vitals throughout the night as well.

When they came in at four, Caleb also went to the bathroom. The cancer causes Caleb to have night sweats so when he woke up at 4, his bed was dripping wet. After his bathroom stop, he obviously said that he didn't want to get back into bed or go back to sleep. I mean no one likes a wet bed! So, we changed the sheets and pillow cases to give him a fresh bed. Well, this caused him to sit there and wait while we did it and woke him up a bit. Needless to say, he didn't want to go back to sleep. So, we put in a dino video, actually a very interesting dino video (lets just say I will not view a t-rex the same way again) and after it was over, he was ready to go back to sleep.

He got up to use restroom again, but is still sleeping and actually slept through them drawing labs at 8 am. He never woke up!

Today is about continuing the journey of clearing the lungs. So, we need to walk. Pray that his little heart and spirit wants to walk all over the floor today and that we will be encouraging for him in the right way that will make him want to walk. I am not sure if they will do another round of chemo today or not.

I will post more throughout the day.

Grace and Peace!

3 comments:

  1. Praying for lots of energy today so Caleb can get to movin....maybe you should try some John Ruben..."do not tell me what I can and cannot do when I rock"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there,
    I haven't gotten to know your family very well YET...after all, I'm not a mom, I'm not a teenager...but..I have been ministered too, by both of you, and have had the small opportunity to watch/play with Cully in a class at church. He's such a sweetie pie, with parents that are gifted in many ways...teaching, preaching, singing...and loving their children with the intensity that can only come from our Almighty God. Gives the rest of us a glimpse of the Father.

    With that said, even though I don't know you that well, we're still brothers/sisters in Christ, and along with you, I was shocked, appalled, saddened by the news of Caleb having C. I mean...in the blink of an eye, you're world can be changed. I can only imagine the shock you must have felt when you were given the diagnosis. I wonder if you've felt as I have..."its NOT fair!! Why us?!". I don't know if we'll ever know the reason, but with that said...I'm grateful that you are choosing to hang onto Jesus for strength and peace. After all...where/who else could we run too?

    I'm lifting you guys in prayer. Thank you for sharing your thoughts, concerns and needs. I can imagine how hard it is. You have (as the kids would say), a mega load of stuff on your plate right now. One of my prayers is that people will be sensitive to what YOUR needs are...instead of focusing on how they're affected. I hope I'm making sense.

    Hoping and believing with you,

    Christie Gibson

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey guys. I am praying for y'all! My heart is breaking to think about what you are going through. I cannot imagine. I pray that Easter will bring with it new hope and new life! I love y'all!!

    Stephanie (Niece)

    ReplyDelete